Translate

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Jan 24, 2017 - Next step


(Sent in January 24, 2017)
 
 
 
Hello everyone! How are you?

Since the first session, I have been getting a great feedback. Excellent!
Based on that, I came up with a few things to discuss with you.

This message covers:

1.      The purpose/goal to participate this study group
2.      Positive “side products” and how to deal with them
3.      Contents/ideas for next session


1.      The purpose/goal to participate this study group 

As far as I see, these are the common reasons why you have been interested in this happening (and why more  people will be interested in it in the future):
 
You want to

         Develop your business/project
         Make more money
         Learn about marketing
         Meet inspiring people
         Share and contribute with your knowledge and experiences

I think all reasons are very healthy, positive and wonderful.  

Managing some group activities and projects through my life in both private and work, I have discovered the secret of a positive and active community. 

It’s to make all participants know that they are valuable. 

You may sometime feel you are not exactly in the right place when the discussion goes somewhere you are not familiar with. Sometimes you may not understand what’s really going on (I do often in many gatherings!). 

But, please be aware that you are definitely adding your own, unique value to all.
Why?

Because we are there to make some positive change to the current situation. And we are the ones who have been creating the current situation.
To change the current situation, there is the famous quote of Einstein: 

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when created them. 

Remember the reasons why people come to this study group.
We all want to make a positive change which you haven’t been able to make by yourself.
That’s why we want to meet someone who has totally a different perspective, situation, sense, culture, etc.

If you can’t understand something others seem to be following, you should share it. And then the others finally understand that “their current way” doesn’t work for someone who they may really want to reach.
 
With this realization, we can look for the next practical, more effective improvement – “Now what?”  

As I said in the first meeting, things take time to come together whether it is marketing, business or your own life. 

I do encourage everyone to keep coming with your own goals, dreams, knowledge and experiences and share what you have with others.
That’s your unique value, and that’s what people are looking for in this kind of community.

In other words, please just be yourself!
 

2.      Positive “side products” and how to deal with them 

In the first group session, some interesting topics such as how to get and utilize the grant money were evoked.
I thought it’s a great idea to dig farther such topics in the group. Many people should be interested (I am!) and will be benefitted from it. 

But after that, I rethought about it and changed my mind J 

I think we just stick with marketing in this “Marketing Study Group” for now.
And for not directly marketing-related but important topics, organizing another study session just like I have done with marketing will be a great idea, too. 

Grasp all, lose all.

By separating the topics, I think we can focus on each topic more effectively. 

So I suggest we keep focusing specifically on marketing in this project.
At the same time I encourage you to interact freely and share anything beneficial in between.
Probably we should make a decent ‘break time’ intentionally and we talk freely in that time period?

Please give me any suggestion and comments.
 

3.      Contents/ideas for next session 

So, what’s next? How about making money?

I have made 2 new video clips.

         Business Model (5:31)
         How to Make Profit (4:48)

Based on these contents, work on your specific situation; figuring out the top business’ model in your industry, break the model into pieces, brain storming for new ideas, etc. 

I have done myself this work and now I have a kind of crazy but exciting business/community making idea. I’ll share it at the meeting J
 

The tentative date for next session is February 15th or 22nd , the Wednesday evening. How about your schedule? Or should we do on a weekend? 

That’s all for now.
Thank you for reading this long! You are absolutely patient.
Have a good day! 

 

Yuki

No comments:

Post a Comment